Belviq 10 mg
Belviq 10 mg BRAND (generic) NAMES:
– Belviq (lorcaserin) 10 mg, Belviq XR (lorcaserin) 20 mg
– Contrave (bupropion/naltrexone extended release) 90 mg/8 mg
– Qsymia (phentermine/topiramate extended-release) 3.75 mg/23 mg; 7.5 mg/46 mg; 11.25 mg/69 mg; 15 mg/92 mg.
BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR is indicated as an adjunct to a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity for chronic weight management in adults with an initial body mass index (BMI) of 30 kg/m2 or greater (obese), or 27 kg/m2 or greater (overweight) in the presence of at least one weight-related comorbid condition (e.g., hypertension, dyslipidemia, type 2 diabetes).
Belviq is taken orally. The recommended dosage of Belviq is one 10mg tablets taken twice per day. Belviq should be discontinued if 5% weight loss is not achieved by week 12 of therapy. Belviq may interact with antidepressants, including selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), triptans, bupropion, dextromethorphan, or St. John’s Wort. Tell your doctor all medications you use. Belviq should not be taken during pregnancy or by women who are planning to become pregnant. Belviq should not be taken while breastfeeding.
- Limitations of Use:
- The safety and efficacy of coadministration of BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR with other products intended for weight loss, including prescription drugs (e.g., phentermine), over-the-counter drugs, and herbal preparations, have not been established.
- The effect of BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR on cardiovascular morbidity and mortality has not been established.
Take your medication at the same time each day
Taking your medication at the same time each day can help you remember. You may find it helpful to set daily alerts on your phone.
Keep your medication in sight
If you keep forgetting to take your medication, try leaving it in a place where you’ll notice it. If you take your medication with food, keep your pill bottle in the kitchen. Or if you take it when you wake up, put it on your bedroom nightstand. Like all medications, be sure to keep BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR out of the reach of children.
Use a container
Consider putting your daily dose of BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR in a portable pill case or small container and throw it in your bag. That way, you’ll always have it with you in case you forget to take it.